Sunday, December 31, 2017

2017 IN REVIEW


With it’s ups and downs, highs and lows, discovering Gordon’s Pink gin and spilling an entire mug of tea on my MacBook, I’m in two minds about how relieved I am to be leaving 2017 behind. I’ve had a really good year. Some months were better than others, and I’ve still had my fair share of utter shite to deal with. Here’s my highs and lows of 2017, my year in review…


I don’t really remember much about January other than that I was at uni and was slacking the hell off second year. I was cold, it was miserable. I was in a bit of a shitty mood and was constantly buying things (no, my Instagram is LITERALLY the contents of Boots for most of Jan 2017) to stop myself feeling down. I think February was quite a lot nicer; I quid the worst job in the world at Build A Bear and Chris and I had a gorgeous Valentine’s meal out. In March we left Leytonstone and moved to beautiful Blackheath, south of the river. I absolutely adore living here, and our flat is such an upgrade from the one we were in before.

In April I seem to remember really having to push to get all my work done for the end of term at uni. One of my highlights was my Dad bringing my Grandma to visit me and we walked around Hyde Park in the sunshine. In May I got my job in the pub, where I’ve been ever since. My Mum came over from Australia to visit me for my birthday, and we went to Venice for a few days as my birthday treat! June saw me work a hell of a lot, sleep a hell of a lot, and recover from a hell of a lot of hangovers. It’s also the month I discovered Côte Brasserie (which seems to be mentioned in 487649% of my blogposts lately) and it is now my absolute favourite place on earth for food. Gimme dat French cuisine.


In July I went vegan for a week. It was a looooong week for me, but I saw a whole load of benefits. I’m not doing Veganuary because I’m completely unprepared, but I’d like to introduce way more vegan meals into my week. In August I worked, shock, horror. I had an altogether boring month, apart from deciding to panic-book two holidays before going back to uni. So in September I went on these holidays! I travelled to Barcelona by myself in my first solo trip ever. I then visited Ibiza with my best friend Fab.

October and November have been nothing but a stressy, boring, difficult couple of months. I started my third year of university, struggled with my mental health again, struggled with my relationship, realised just how much work your third year of university is, and tried to keep up my hours at work. In December, I had a better month; I got my unicorn tattoo on my thigh. I pulled my socks up uni-wise and, of course, Christmas!

All in all, I haven’t felt very ‘in control’ this year. I’m not sure why. I’ve been more unmotivated than motivated, and have almost felt like life has happened to me rather than me actively participating. It’s been a year with plenty of good bits but plenty of bad bits, and I’m excited to take charge of myself in 2018.

How was your year?
Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig