Wednesday, September 13, 2017

LOUNGE UNDERWEAR | REBORN BLACK HIGH WAISTED LEGGINGS SET


Despite my hatred for the current government and the fact that I am 100% confident Teresa May is trying to scab me out of every penny I possess, I got a letter for my FIRST EVER TAX REFUND this year! How exciting! I’ve been pretty skint this summer, and I've been getting progressively more frustrated with not being able to buy myself anything ‘fun’. It wasn’t a huge sum of money, but it was definitely a lovely surprise and really helped me treat myself this month! 

My little sister India visited me from Australia a few weeks ago, and since she’s turned into the biggest gym-bunny going, she’s sporting an incredible array of leggings, crop tops and lounge sets. Naturally, as any sister would, I jumped straight into her suitcase and tried on a few bits and pieces. I realised I NEEDED a set of Lounge Underwear’s high waisted leggings and sports bra. I made my way onto the Lounge Underwear website and placed an order for the 'Reborn Black High Waisted Leggings Set’ for an eye-watering £50.


Typically, I placed the order on a Friday, so my package wasn't even shipped until Monday. I’m always doing this, so I guess I can’t really complain that I didn’t get my parcel until the Thursday. The parcel came, and it was nothing short of bag-ception. It was a white Lounge plastic bag, which contained a black Lounge plastic bag. Inside there was two more clear Lounge plastic bags and a black Lounge envelope with about 4 pieces of card inside. I basically couldn’t believe how much stuff there was inside this little package. 


I like that the items obviously arrived very well protected and securely because of all the packaging, but it does irk the save-the-planet warrior inside me. I’m also a tad irked (maybe not irked, maybe jealous and bitter is the word I'm looking for) by the inclusion of a little card featuring all the babelicious boobie booty models. Sure, they look great, but I couldn’t help immediately feeling “well, I don’t look like that”, and honestly it made me feel a bit shit. Not everyone purchasing these products are gonna be mega-babes and I’m sure Lounge doesn’t want to make normal girls feel excluded?


Moving onto the actual leggings and crop top set! This set is genuinely really fab. I mean, considering I spent fiddy quid on it, I’d hope they would be! Obviously my sister had recommended them and I'd looked them up online, so I trusted the reviews. I ordered both the top and the bottoms in a size small. I’m usually a 6-8 on the top and between an 8-10 on the bottom, but my sister assured me a small on top and bottom would fit, and they do. They’re obviously quite snug because they’re skin-tight, but super comfortable and such incredible material. There's no stretch or bagginess, even after I’ve spent the last two days in them without giving them a wash to tighten up the fabric again. And the best part? No see through bits at ALL! Every pair of leggings I’ve ever owned has stretched and gone see-through over my bum to the point where they’re almost indecent, but these ones stay completely opaque, no matter what positions I try to contort myself into. 

All in all, I'm happy that I treated myself to this set. I only did so because I had some spare money this month, and because I’ve been lusting after a set like this for the last few months. If £50 is too much (and lets face it, it is pretty pricey), PrettyLittleThing are doing similar sets for £35 for leggings and a top. I can’t vouch for the same quality as these, but they’re a more affordable and very similar styled option! 

Lots of love,
Jasmine x
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Hey, all this is looking just brilliant. I am really happy to have the review here. I want to lose weight so will start working out soon. I think lycra workout leggings and such comfortable sports bra would be a good pick for my workouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jasmine. Thanks for this beautiful post. I am sure you will come up with beautiful posts related to red lingerie Australia

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig