Thursday, September 7, 2017

3 FALL LIP COLOURS



Well. Operation Summer Body 2017 was a big fat fail. In fact, Operation Have A Fun Summer was pretty much a huuuuge fail altogether. I had intended to go on holiday, save some money, see more of London and just generally have a fun time. I ended up working, working, working, then spending all my money on food and rosé wine and waking up full of regret every day. I struggle without a set routine - I find I really slack without one. Pffft. Oh well. 


With all that being said, it is officially September! I’ve always been a huge lover of Autumn; the colours, the cosy evenings and, of course, the return of a routine in the form of university classes coming back. So, in celebration of Autumn, here are my top 3 autumn/fall lip colours. 

MAC Lipstick in Taupe | MAC Cosmetics | £16.50
For me, this colour scrrreeeeaaams autumn. It’s definitely warm and rosy for a nude colour, and has absolutely always been a fave for September and October. The colour of this reminds me of autumn leaves and I always find it to match better with my autumn wardrobe, which always features more knits and scarves in warmer coloured fabric. I don’t actually have a lip liner that goes with this, but we all know how incred MAC’s lippies are when it comes to smooth application and staying in place for hours. I usually top it with a little LipCote to prevent any transfer to my Pumpkin Spiced Latte lids. 

Gerard Cosmetics Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick in 1995 | Beauty Bay | £9.50
This was actually my first Gerard Cosmetics lip colour, and since getting my hands on this one, I’ve been completely and utterly hooked. To be honest, I adore EVERY shade from their Hydra Matte collection (well, the ones I own, anyway), but this is my favourite shade for autumn/fall. I love it because it is, again, warm and pretty. It can give your makeup look a lovely rosy boost when the colder weather is sucking all the warmth out of your complexion. I’d describe it as a toasty-reddish deep nude. 

NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella | NARS Cosmetics | £20
I’ve owned this Velvet Matte Lip Pencil for the loooongest time and it has served me so well over the last few years. I’ve had blonde, brown, pink, purple and silver hair, and this lip pencil has always absolutely worked with any of my hair colours or outfit choices. This colour works best for me over the winter months, just because I love a festive red lip, but I think that a true cherry-red is perfect for autumn too. It is hands-down my favourite ever red lipstick as it doesn’t look funny with my skin tone as many reds can. It’s pretty pricey but it’s such a fab fab fab shade. 

What are your three fave autumn/fall lip colours? Do I need to add any new ones to my autumn lip wardrobe? Let me know!

Lots of love,

Jasmine x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig